OpenScape Voice and UC installed at Bethesda Spital Basel, a member of the Swiss Leading Hospitals, is the foundation of all communications and patient entertainment
The original landline telephone system, network and switchboard at the 130-bed Bethesda Spital had reached its end of life. The OpenScape solution reliably provides hospital employees with more information at a glance and improves overall patient satisfaction.
- The hospital’s existing network needed updating and expansion via a wireless LAN.
- The outdated landline system and phones needed replacing with an up-to-date, reliable VoIP solution.
- The former complicated switchboard also required replacing to simplify work at the reception desk.
- The hospital wanted WiFi access in every ward and an advanced personal bedside entertainment system.
- OpenScape Voice and OpenScape Unified Communications (UC) make up the hospital’s new VoIP telephony system. It’s fully integrated into the data center and virtualized on existing physical servers via VMware.
- The pre-existing DECT system from another vendor was easily integrated thanks to the open design of OpenScape.
- OpenScape Concierge is the hospital’s new switchboard solution which enables a central contact management.
- OpenScape Health Station includes touchscreen and bedside radio, TV and internet access.
- WiFi internet access is available in every ward and patient room.
- The new system is much more powerful, reliable, flexible, faster, and easier to use.
- OpenScape allows the seamless integration of contemporary ICT environments for high levels of automation.
- The updated network solution for communications and patient entertainment comes from a single provider.
- OpenScape Health Station provides every patient with personal telephony and entertainment services.
- OpenScape Concierge provides hospital operators with more information in a centralized overview.
Swisscom (Switzerland) Ltd
Alte Tiefenaustrasse 6
3050 Bern, Switzerlandwww.swisscom.ch/enterprise