Download the full Neutraal Ziekenfonds Vlaanderen Success Story PDF
Health insurer Neutraal Ziekenfonds Vlaanderen turned its weakness (availability by phone) into one of its strengths, installing a new OpenScape Contact Center solution from Unify
Neutraal Ziekenfonds Vlaanderen in Belgium improved its inbound customer service by increasing the answer rate within 20 seconds from 40% to 90% and first call resolution to 80%, resulting in a 60% reduction in call volume. A skillsbased cascade routing system, which automatically switches a call past an unavailable agent to the next available one with comparable expertise, reduced the workload of 60 agents spread over 55 offices in Flanders.
As a mutual health insurance fund, Neutraal Ziekenfonds Vlaanderen serves more than 105,000 customers from 55 offices throughout Flanders. However, when it came to its inbound customer phone service, the company noticed a low answer rate (less than 40% within 20 seconds) when its operators experienced high workloads. It’s not unusual for monthly volume to exceed 35,000 calls. Compounding the situation was a recent corporate name change that necessitated a more professional, modern and younger image, including better phone-in customer service.
- OpenScape Contact Center Enterprise V8
- Installation of a new VoIP switch and 200 OpenStage phones in 55 offices, linking each of them over a redundant fiber connection with administrative headquarters
- Integration of their current CRM solution with OpenScape Contact Center
- Virtual skills-based routing transfers calls to the next available agent with comparable expertise – location by location
- Familiarizing staff with system operation using remote teletraining tools that emphasize customer interaction and service over strict adherence to internal processes
- Professional Services support on-site during switch-over to new telephony and decentralized contact center
- Permanent adjustment of routing parameters based on statistical feedback
With the OpenScape Contact Center solution, Neutraal Ziekenfonds Vlaanderen has turned its weakness of inadequate availability by phone into one of its key assets: fast and effective inbound call handling. A skills-based cascade routing system reduces the workload of the 60 agents, who have been trained to handle high call volumes and expedite answers on the first contact. The project will show a return on investment in 2.5 years.